Ardent Eden

Ardent Eden is a place to explore my thoughts about the interdependence of life - humanity and nature - and to engage with others for collective problem-solving.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Playing Tag

I've been tagged for my first meme by Andrea. Here goes:

Seven Things To Do Before I Die

  1. Hike the Appalachian Trail -- not all at one time (I'm not that hardcore!)
  2. Live near the ocean for a summer
  3. Own a business
  4. Write something worth publishing even if it doesn't get published
  5. Run an organization that makes a dent in social and environmental problems in a community
  6. Learn to do more with my hands: knitting, sewing, canning, baking bread, etc.
  7. Enjoy many meals with friends and loved ones. Fresh food, good wine, a beautiful setting, children playing, a dog or two under the table, my husband strumming a guitar = bliss

Seven Things I Can't Do

  1. Sing (not that I don't love trying...)
  2. Dance (see #1)
  3. Keep dog fur off my floors, furniture, pants, etc.
  4. Vote Republican
  5. Cook meat (well, it's not so much "can't" as "won't")
  6. Stop talking to my husband while he's reading, writing, watching TV
  7. Write witty answers to memes
Seven Things that Attract Me to Blogging
  1. It's an outlet for the ideas swirling in my head
  2. Connecting with people I never would have met otherwise
  3. The discipline of writing for an audience
  4. Sharing what I've read and learned
  5. Reading and learning more
  6. Feeling inspired
  7. Getting comments!

Seven Things I Say Most Often

  1. Um, I think she needs to have her diaper changed.
  2. We really need to hustle.
  3. What do you feel like eating tonight?
  4. We don't need a bag.
  5. [He/she/it/fill in the blank] drives me crazy.
  6. Oh my.
  7. Where's the binky?

Seven Books That I Love (OK, so choosing just seven is an obviously impossible task. These are the first that came to mind.)

  1. Sophie's Choice - William Styron
  2. The Unsettling of America - Wendell Berry
  3. Where the Sidewalk Ends -Shel Silverstein
  4. Hope's Edge - Frances Moore Lappe & Anna Lappe
  5. All of Barbara Kingsolver's books
  6. Mountains Beyond Mountains - Tracy Kidder
  7. The Cloister Walk - Kathleen Norris
Seven Movies I Watch Again and Again (Caveat: I'm known for not watching movies more than once or twice. Here are some random movies that I like though.)
  1. Stealing Home
  2. Life and Debt
  3. Krzysztof Kieslowski's Red, White, and Blue trilogy
  4. Sideways
  5. Cry Freedom
  6. The Way We Were
  7. Manufacturing Consent
Seven People I Want to Join In
I'm going to cheat here and just say feel free to join in if you are so inclined!

Whew! That was a rigorous assignment. Off to bed.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger breadchick said…

    I found trying to get the books/movies down to seven to be the hardest part! kind of like when someone asks me to name what 10 CDs I'd take to a deserted island.

    Hope your Christmas was very nice.

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger peakguy said…

    Stealing Home is perhaps one of the most underrated movies of all time. Great choice.

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Andrea Rusin said…

    We did that Appalachian trail thing. It took years of summer vacations, but we got it done! It was hard, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home