Ardent Eden

Ardent Eden is a place to explore my thoughts about the interdependence of life - humanity and nature - and to engage with others for collective problem-solving.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

I'm Alive!

If anyone's still reading, I wanted to write another quick piece to fill you in on what's been going on in our lives and why Ardent Eden has been silent over the past couple of weeks. The job search kicked up a couple of notches and the past three weeks have involved trips to Pennsylvania to interview with three companies. The interviews all went well, two offers were made and a third is expected. But, oh, the complexity of it all! Which part of the state to move to? How does a company's industry affect my values? How can you believe anything a headhunter tells you? Can we afford to have a homestead on a bunch of acres or is it best to start with a house with just a little land to get our hands dirty in and save some bucks for the Big Dream in the coming years? What's behind the story told at an interview?

We're wading through all of it. It has been all-consuming though. I can't deny the level of stress that has seemed to pervade each day. Because in addition to these huge life decisions, I'm still working hard at a demanding job, and being a wife and mother. But I feel like we're finally coming out on the other side of all of this. I'm starting to feel energized and excited about the possibilities again, rather than just feeling ragged and beaten down. I hope that you'll excuse the long absences here and join me for the ride.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger SockknittingMama said…

    So glad to hear you are back and following your dream.
    My motto is dream your life and live your dream.
    Look forward to hearing more, and by the way, sure glad you are alive!

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Andrea Rusin said…

    I'm glad you're back and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your choices.

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Katie said…

    So glad to hear that things are moving along - amazing the stress, I know. Keep us posted and in the mean time, I'll send some positive vibes your way.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger breadchick said…

    Wow! Sounds like you have been busier than an octopus in a revolving door..as MBH would say ;-) Looking forward to hearing about your decisions.

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Hooray! So glad to have you back! Good luck with everything :-)

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Hooray! So glad to have you back! Good luck with everything :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home