Ardent Eden

Ardent Eden is a place to explore my thoughts about the interdependence of life - humanity and nature - and to engage with others for collective problem-solving.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Mission Accomplished

We bought a house this weekend! We flew down to PA on Friday evening and returned tonight having signed a purchase agreement for our first home. I'm exhausted from the travel and mental energy flow, but I'm also happy and excited about the lovely home and 1.8 acres. A nice bonus: the sellers are gardeners who are relocating and there's a three-year old asparagus bed, some raspberry, blueberry and currant bushes and some rhubarb growing. Our heads are spinning with the possibilities!

10 Comments:

  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger madcapmum said…

    CONGRATULATIONS! Wonderful about the in-ground fruitery!

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger breadchick said…

    Yippee!! You will have to post pictures of the house/garden so we can see your lucky find. Now the fun of packing begins...

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Katie said…

    I'm just so happy for you and your family!!!!! Congrats

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Katie said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    YEAH FOR YOU!! Congrats on being a homeowner - now the real fun begins! Keep us posted :-)

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger spiral said…

    Wow--how exciting! I can wait to hear about the new place! By the way, where's madgeneral?

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Roger, Gone Green said…

    OH! I am SOOOOO jealous -- and happy for you guys! What an opportunity! Yay!

    And Guess What! PA has a pretty cool Green Party presence . . . www.greenpartypa.org . . . Check out all those Green candidates!

    (grin)

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Roger, Gone Green said…

    Oh Yeah -- When you are ready to go solar (not right away I know, I know) write me directly and I have some important $$$ saving tips . . . (grin) I learned them the hard way . . .

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger lauren said…

    Thanks for all the well wishes!

    Roger, you'll be pleased to know that I checked out that website even before you posted it. I guess I am slowly coming around to jumping ship on the Democrats! Believe me, I would LOVE to go solar in the future. Your guidance will most certainly be sought. :)

     
  • At 1:29 AM, Anonymous green LA girl said…

    A rather belated congrats :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home